integrating technology into the curriculum and instruction is no longer an add on to the classroom curriculum. Technology integration is critical to the acheivement of 21st century skills and college and career readiness. There are numerous professional organizations and web-based resources that provide support to ensure successful technology integration. Click on the links below to learn about some of the support/assistance, resources and materials available to support your education technology integration initiatives.
- Common Core Standards: Information regarding the Common Core Standards and Common Core aligned lessons as well as other related resources can be accessed here. Read through the standards to see what technology competencies students are expected to know at each grade level and how the standards are vertically aligned. Resources here will help administrators and teachers design and implement standard-based integrated technology curriculum, units and lessons.
- The Center for Implementing Technology in Education: offers an array of resources to support administrators, technology coordinators and teachers in the integration of technology into the curriculum and instruction. Leaders will find information regarding their responsibilities around technology education as well as resources/tools to support school or district level technology initiatives. Resources include assistive technology.
- k -12 Blueprint: Sponsored by the Intel Corporation, the K-12 Blueprint offers resources for administrators reponsible for developing and implementing technology initiatives. Leaders can find information here on technology topics such as BYOD program, degital technology, integrating technology into curriculum, and assessing technology effectiveness. Free downloadable toolkits provide information and indepth overview of the Common Core, technology infrastructure and technology policies and programs. If you are looking to buy the latest education devices but need expert guidance you will find an extensive list here along with a review of each device.
- Google APPS Lesson Plans: provides free lesson plans to help you use Google Apps to integrate technology.
- Technology Enhanced Curriculum: offers free lesson plans for integrating technology into the curriculum/instruction. Visitors will find unit-based lesson plans with a technology component embedded organized by grade level.
- LDonline: is an education organization catering to students with learning disabilities. Their technology section offers information on various technology devices for students with learning disabilities as well as best practices for integrating technology into the instruction for students with learning disabilities. Links to other professional organizations supporting technology education can be found here.
- Open Source Education Foundation: offers free learning resources from lesson plans to electronic softwares which can be downloaded and use to enhance teaching and learning. Links to other Open Source educational projects/resources can also be found on the left side of the home page.
- Degital textbook Playbook: is a guide to help educators and
administrators foster authentic digital learning experiences for students
in schools across the country.
- Pearson: is one of the leading commercial publishing companies of educational curriculum materials. Pearson has an extensive menu of degital curriculum resources and educational APPS conducive to technology integration.
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt: is a leading educational publishing company which has developed a broad range of degital content, curricula, and services to promote
the tecnology competencies of school leaders, teachers, students and parents.
- Center for Degital Education(CDE): is a national institute that conducts and publishes research on K-12 and higher education technology trends, policy and funding.